NEET 2019 is organized as a national level examination for admission to various MBBS and BDS Courses. While Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) every year conducts the NEET examination across various cities and country. NEET exam is organized for admission to medical and dental UG courses offered by various private and government colleges of the country. In the 2019 year, AIPMT exam was replaced by the NEET examination. In addition, all medical institutions considered the NEET score for giving admission in MBBS/BDS courses. Here on this page, students can get complete details on NEET 2019 exam such as application form, eligibility, exam dates, exam pattern, syllabus are here.
NEET 2019 Exam Dates
Below we have listed the tentative dates of NEET 2019 entrance exam:
|Starting Date of Online Application Form||Last week of December 2018|
|Closing Date for filling the Application Form||4th week of January 2019|
|Application Fees Last Date||Last week of January 2019|
|Download of Admit Card||1st week of April 2019|
|Announcement of Exam Date||1st week of May 2019|
|Declaration of Result Date||1st week of June 2019|
|Starting of Counselling||After result declared|
NEET Eligibility Criteria
Students can check below the eligibility criteria before applying for NEET exam:
- Marks Required: Candidates qualifying exam PCB must have obtained at least 50% marks for General and 40% marks for SC/ ST/OBC category and 45% marks for the general-PH.
- Students who are appearing in 10+2 are also eligible to apply online.
- Examination: Students must have qualified 12th class or any equivalent examination.
- Subjects: With English as compulsory subject along with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Biotechnology.
- Nationality: Applicants must be the Indian citizen. OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) applicants are also eligible to apply.
- Aadhaar Card Requirement: Candidates must have their own Aadhaar Number to apply for NEET exam.
- J&K/AP/Telangana: Students of such places are also eligible for All India 15% quota only.
- Maximum Age: Candidates should have the age limit of 25 years for General/OBC category and 30 years for others.
- Minimum Age: Students must have the age limit of 17 years as on 31st December 2019.
The syllabus is based as per prescribed by Medical Council of India (MCI). The syllabus consists of topics from Chemistry, Physics, Botany and Zoology subjects. It was prescribed by various review under CBSE, NCERT, and COBSE. Hence the syllabus is actually based on 11th and 12th class subjects. Candidates can also start preparing using the preparation tips.
NEET 2019 Exam Pattern
Check the exam pattern for NEET 2019 examination:
- Subjects: Questions are asked from Chemistry, Physics & Biology (Botany & Zoology) subjects.
- Exam Duration: Total hours exam duration will be 3 hours.
- Marking Scheme: Four marks will be given for each correct answers.
- Type of Question: There will be objective type questions.
- No. of questions: About 180 questions will be asked in the exam.
- Negative Marking: One mark will be deducted for wrong answers.
- Exam Mode: The exam will be conducted through online based (pen and paper based mode).
- Language: Question paper language will be Marathi, English, Hindi, Telugu, Assamese, Gujarati, Tamil and Bengali.
|Section||No. of Question||Marks|
Mostly Asked Questions
[efaccordion id=”01″] [efitems title=”Question: I am appearing in the 12th examination. Can I apply?” text=”Answer: Yes, appearing students are also eligible to apply.”] [efitems title=”Question: How can I apply for NEET 2019 examination?” text=”Answer: You can apply through online mode only.”] [efitems title=”Question: When will the NEET Application Form 2019 be released?” text=”Answer: The application will be released in the last week of December 2017.”][/efaccordion]
NEET Admit Card 2019
Candidates who have successfully registered can download the NEET Admit Card which will be available from 1st week of April 2019. The main conducting body will not post the admit card. The NEET hall ticket consists of various information like Student Name, Date of Birth, Registered Number, Category, Exam Center, Roll Number, Exam Timing, Photograph and Exam Date. Students are suggested to carry the admit card during the examination and should also keep with them till admission.
NEET Answer Key
The answer key shall be released before few days of examination. NEET answer key will be available on the official website for reference use. Students will have a good opportunity for online challenge against answer key. To appear for challenge candidates must pay Rs. 1000/- per answer. While the payment will be refunded once the challenge is accepted by board.
The authority will declare the NEET result officially on official website through online mode. Students seeking for their results can check by entering their roll number and other required details like date of birth, registration number, etc. Candidates are advised to take print out of result for further use. Hence, a merit list will be prepared for admission under the ordered of Hon’ble Supreme Court of India.
NEET Cut off
The candidate are required to get minimum cut off marks to qualify the examination. Cut off will depend on the number of candidates appeared for the exam, difficulty level and seats availability. It will be available after release of answer key. The students must score 50% marks for general category and 40% marks for reserved category and 45% for general PH category.
NEET Counselling 2019
Candidates can appear for counselling process as per rank. While seats will be allotted to students as per filled choices, rank and seats availability. After seat allotment candidates need to go for admission to allot the seats.
If you have any other queries about NEET 2019, you may leave your queries below. Follow our page Sarkari Naukri for more recent updates on Cut Off Marks.