- JEE Main 2017 Exam Dates
- JEE Main 2017 Notifications
JEE Main 2017 is going to held by CBSE Board tentatively in first and second week of April 2017. The JEE Main 2017 is the national level engineering entrance exam, which is the first stage of admissions to B.Tech/B.Arch in Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs). JEE Main 2017 will be organized through pen and paper mode as well as online mode. Application form for JEE Main 2017 will be starting on first week of December 2016. As per 2016 year, about 12 lakh candidates have registered for undergraduate engineering exam, which was less as compared to previous year. Interested candidates can go through the below article and know all the information of JEE Main 2017. Providing here complete important events of JEE Main 2017 like syllabus, application form, exam pattern, rank card, result, admit card, etc.
What’s new in JEE Main 2017?
- JEE Main 2017 All-India-Ranks is being calculated on normalized score of 12th class marks. In academic year 2016-2017, JEE Main All India Ranks are calculated as per JEE Main Scores in addition to class XII marks of ratio of 60:40.
- Earlier year 2015, top 150,000 candidates got qualified for JEE Main and were eligible to attend the JEE Advanced which was second stage for appearing in JEE Advanced for admissions to IITs.
JEE Main 2017 Exam Dates
The candidates who are in search of Joint Entrance Examination Main 2017 Exam Dates can know the JEE Main Schedule 2017 below listed:
|Release of official notification||November, 2016|
|Release of application form||December, 2016 first week|
|Application form correction window||one week in the second half of January, 2017|
|Availability of Admit Card||March, 2017 first week|
|JEE Main offline exam (Pen and Paper Based exam)||April, 2017 first week|
|JEE Main online exam (Computer Based exam)||April, 2017 Second week|
|Declaration of Result||April, 2017 last week|
|Counselling schedule||July, 2017 first week|
Details of JEE Main 2017
- Conducting Authority: Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
- Exam Name: Joint Entrance Examination (JEE)
- Exam Mode: Online/offline
- No. of JEE Main takers: 12-13 lakh
- Exam Level: National Level Entrance Exams
- Category of Exam: Undergraduate (UG)
- Release of notification: 3rd week of November 2016
- JEE Main 2017 Selection Process: Admissions through JoSAA Counselling
JEE Main 2017 Notifications
Changes in JEE Main Notifications 2017:
- Weightage marks for class 12th will not be considered for calculating the JEE Main Score for academic year 2017 onwards.
- Hence, there is no minimum criteria as per marks of class 12th percentage for appearing JEE Main 2017 exam.
JEE Main 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Educational Qualification: A candidates aspiring of JEE Main must have passed 12th class or any equivalent qualifying marks in 2015 or 2016 are eligible. Since, candidates appearing for 12th class or any equivalent exam can apply for academic year 2017. Diploma (3 years) holders are also eligible to apply.
Age Limit: Candidates of JEE Main exam must have born on or after 1st October, 1992 or 25 age. Candidates belonging to ST/SC and PWD categories, age limit is 5 years. For this category aspirants must be born or after 1st October, 1987 or 30 age.
Number of subjects in qualifying exam: Candidates who needs to appear for JEE Main 2017 should have passed 12th class with at least 5 subjects. While, candidates with 4 subjects will not be considered to appear for JEE main exam.
Number of attempts: Aspiring candidates can appear for JEE main entrance exam for maximum if 3 attempts.
JEE Main 2017 Application Form
- The application form of JEE Main 2017 will be available from 1st week of December 2016.
- Candidates can apply through online mode only, no offline mode.
- Download the information bulletin of application form for JEE main.
- Read the instructions carefully once, so to apply.
- Keep ready all the required documents and scanned documents of signature, photograph and left hand thumb impression before applying for JEE Main.
- Now start filling the JEE Main 2017 application form.
- Create password and upload all the scanned images and submit your JEE Main application form.
- Also, pay the fee through e-challan, debit card, credit card and e-challan will be generated after form submission.
- Since, download the slip and keep it with you for future use.
JEE Main 2017 application fee
Follow the application fee criteria of JEE Main exam is given below:
|Papers||Pen & Paper Based Test||Online mode|
|Appearing||General/OBCs (Boys)||SC/ST/PWD/All Girls||General/OBCs||SC/ST/PWD/Girls|
|For examination centres opted in India|
|Paper 1 or 2||1000||500||500||250|
|Paper 1 and 2 both||1800||900||1300||650|
|For examination centres opted in foreign country|
|Paper 1 or 2||2500||1250||2500||1250|
|Paper 1 and 2 both||3800||1900||3800||1900|
JEE Main 2017 Exam Pattern
The JEE Main 2017 new exam pattern for Paper-I & Paper-II are mentioned below:
- JEE Main exam will be held in two papers namely paper-1 (B.Tech/B.Arch) and paper-2 (B.Tech/B.Planning).
- Candidates can appear for both paper i.e. Paper-1 (B.Tech/B.Arch) or Paper-2 (B.Tech/B.Planning) for admissions.
JEE Main Paper-1
- Negative marking: For each wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted.
- Courses: It is conducted for engineering courses B.Tech/B.Arch.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks for each correct responses.
- No. of questions: Multiple Choice Based Questions (MCQ) are asked.
- Duration of Exam: 3 Hours and 4 Hours for disability person).
- Subjects: Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Mode of Exam: Online and Offline.
- Language: English, Hindi as per selection in application form.
JEE Main Paper-2
- Negative Marking: For wrong answer each 1 marks is deducted.
- Courses: Held for Architecture course i.e. B.Arch.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks for correct response.
- No. of questions: 82 questions MCQs (Multiple Choice Based Questions).
- Duration of Exam: 3 Hours & 4 Hours for disability person.
- Subjects: Mathematics, Aptitude, Drawing.
- Mode of Exam: Offline mode.
- Language: English, Hindi who have selected in application form.
JEE Main 2017 Syllabus
The JEE Main syllabus 2017 for paper-1 and paper-2 are available here. While the syllabus comprises of JEE main paper-1 asked in engineering for B.Tech and paper-2 asked for architecture B.Arch. Since, candidates are in search of JEE Main physics syllabus 2017 pdf, JEE Main chemistry syllabus 2017 pdf, JEE Main mathematics syllabus 2017 pdf, etc. Probably, here we are providing the JEE Main Syllabus for Physics/Chem/Maths subjects.
JEE Main 2017 Admit Card
The admit card of JEE main 2017 is available for the candidates who have successfully submitted the application form. Hence the JEE Main admit card will be tentatively available after second week of March 2017. Candidates can download JEE main admit card 2017 by entering application number and password. The JEE main admit card comprises of name, date of birth, exam dates, gender, exam center, etc. After that candidates must take print for future use.
JEE Main 2017 Cutoff
JEE Main Cutoff 2017 will be released by CBSE Board. In addition the Cutoff of JEE main 2017 decides the minimum and maximum cutoff score for the examinees of JEE. Also candidates must obtain the minimum and maximum marks to be eligible for appearing in JEE Advanced 2017. Also check category wise, state wise Cutoff for JEE Main 2017. Also, we are providing here JEE Main Expected Cutoff 2017 for General/OBC/SC/ST candidates. Also check JEE Main Previous Year Cutoff mentioned below.
JEE Main 2017 Answer Key
Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has issued the official answer key for JEE Main 2017 paper-1 and paper-2 after few days of exam over. Aspirants can thereby download coaching and institutes unofficial JEE Main 2017 answer key issued by Aakash, Allen, etc. JEE Main 2017 Solution key all sets will help candidates to determine their answer and match with official answers. You can get complete idea about the result and know the marks.
JEE Main 2017 Result
The result of JEE Main will be released by CBSE Board at last week of April 2017. Probably the JEE main result 2017, candidates can download their Joint Entrance Examination Main 2017 result officially from official board. Therefore, candidates can check the JEE Main 2017 Score and know the marks obtained in the examination. Since CBSE will issue the result and aspirants can check the JEE main status. Since, those who will be qualifying the second stage exam, JEE Advanced 2017 for admission in IITs.
JEE Main 2017 Rank List
The rank list of JEE Main 2017 issued separately by Joint Admission Board (JAB) were all india rank are announced. While, All India Rank of JEE Main is calculated through the JEE Main score 2017 with 60% weightage and 40% weightage with class 12th. Since, the class 12th weightage will not be considered for academic year 2017-18. Therefore, with this candidates can know the Merit List of JEE Main. The JEE Main 2017 Merit list is also separately issued by CBSE Board. Therefore who are in search of JEE Main Merit List 2017 can download from below link.
JEE Main 2017 Counselling
The counselling of JEE main 2017 for admission to NITs, GFTIs, IITs and conducted by JoSAA i.e. Joint Seat Allocation Authority. In 2016, JoSAA was held for 6 rounds for counselling and seat allotment to admissions to NITs system. Henceforth, even after 6 rounds of seat allotment, over 3100 seats were vacant of 18 GFTIs, 31 NITs and 20 IIITs. Before that candidates can appear for JEE Main 2017 counselling and fill their choices as per counselling schedule of JEE Main 2017.